You really love, and are actually kind of obsessed with order, simplicity & effectiveness.
But you’re not off-putting about it. Rather, you’re the good natured, big hearted, likeable ambassador of organizational goodness. Your specialty is creating order out of chaos.
Because of this wonderful gift you have, many different overlapping tasks with short deadlines don’t intimidate you in the slightest. In fact, you laugh in the face of long to do lists; knowing at the end of the day you will have won; you will have conquered the shit out of each and every detail. And! You will have made an easy to follow, optimized process for it so the task will flow smoother next time. Cuz that’s just how you roll.
You like having people depend on you; knowing your masterful execution of all things admin really make a difference in people’s lives. You prefer to work with people who give a shit- because you do too. You like to leave things better than you found them, and you’re inspired by this principle.
You don’t mind hard work for fair pay. You’re excited about the idea of learning more and earning more in an organization that has lots of room for growth. You’re a quick learner and adaptable to change.
You also like the idea of being master of your professional domain; where you have the autonomy & authority to do things the way you were born to do them.
As our organizational ninja: you’ll be part executive assistant, part client services manager, part financial records management. But more importantly, you’ll be a hero. To the president of the company that really needs your help. To the clients of the company that need their orders filled promptly and correctly, and to the existing team members who need your support.
The businesses are in the realm of digital media, so an understanding of, or willingness to learn digital media will required.
And as a bonus, you’ll be working remotely in a location of your choosing; free from fluorescent lights and tasteless cubicles. In fact, anywhere with cell & internet service is fair game. However, if you’re in Victoria BC or Calgary AB, expect to meet face to face at least quarterly.
The skinny on the day to day:
Executive Assistance: approx. 15 hours a week: (during business hours)
- Presiding over the President’s email, and schedule; managing appointment requests.
- General organizational/media related help
- Finessing of/compiling documents
- Other duties as required to support the President
Client Service: 5-10 hours a week: (during business hours)
- Happily serving incoming client requests promptly and pleasantly:
- Processing new orders
- Answering random customer service questions, providing all manner of documents and files as requested.
- Using your sharp eye for quality control
- Liaising with team & vendors on the client’s behalf- getting them what they need, when they need it.
- Presiding over Data/Records Management
- Random Web Research/Reporting as needed
- Project Scheduling/Coordination: launch, date, assign monthly and weekly tasks to keep everyone organized and on track to meet their deadlines.
Financial Record Management: approx. 5 hours a week (any time you want to work)
- Help the bookkeeper, accountant & CFO get timely & accurate records. Yay!
- Enjoying the immaculate and frankly beautiful state of your financial record keeping
- Creating and sending reports that are not only accurate, but on time!
- Correspondence with bookkeeper and accountant to help them, help you, help me, help everyone get paid on time and implement a profit sharing system. Double yay!
- Arrange direct deposit processing: Yes, you pay the people- so the people will love you. Seriously.
- Invoicing clients/credit card processing- so we all don’t end up eating Ichiban
- Accounts receivable/payable
- This position begins Aug 1 and after a 90 day trial period graduates to full time.
- Work from anywhere! telecommuting is a bonus.
- Fast growing organization with huge growth potential
- Unique and fun corporate culture.
If this sounds like your dream job …You’re the Robin to my Batman. The Ying to my Yang. The Sherlock to my Holmes. I am very interested in hearing from you.
Please apply with:
- Your resume
- A funny picture of a cat
- A 4 sentence description of why you think you’re perfect for this gig
- Answer: What did you want to be when you grow up?
- List: 2 of your pet peeves
- Provide: 2 references that can attest to your superhero like abilities.
Please email laurel (at) lalindsay (dot) ca to apply