1. They’re camera shy.
2. They don’t think they’ll do a good job.
3. They don’t think they need to.
- Trust me, you’ll be much better than you imagine!
- With the right help and guidance, you’ll do a phenomenal job!
- Video marketing is so effective and lucrative that you need to start – now!
Why is Video Marketing so Effective?
Without question, video marketing is an incredibly effective way to turn prospects into customers, because
- Videos are more likely to be shared than other types of media
- Videos tend to be watched by consumers closer to the end of the buying cycle (i.e. when they’re ready to make a purchase).
- 60% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text (source: Forbes Insight)
- After consumers watch a video: 65% click through to visit the vendor website; 50% look for more information; and 45% contact the vendor – and of this overall group, 50% make a purchase
Topics for your Video Marketing
- Testimonials: capturing your happy customers on video is one of the best things you can do for your business. They will “sell” you better than anyone else could.
- Product Demos: this is a great way to showcase your products (e.g. how they work, how they’re assembled, before and after, etc.)
- “How To’s”: this is another great way to showcase your expertise – and as a bonus, “how to” videos are often shared by audiences, which means you’ll reach even more potential customers!
Why You Need to “Get Personal” with Video Marketing
Are you camera shy? Don’t worry! Your future customers are human beings, too. And in fact, that’s something that you can definitely use to your advantage in video marketing.
You see, your customers would rather see a REAL person who runs the company talking directly to them vs. some slick, over-produced commercial. Plus, you have a lot of knowledge, experience and passion to share. Why keep that to yourself, when you can truly help people in so many positive ways?
Do It Yourself Video Marketing
Don’t worry about professional-grade videos right now. To get started, it’s fine to use your smartphone (it’s better to start with low quality videos than not to start at all!)
At minimum, put your website address in your video, and preferably your name and logo as well. Be sure to take advantage of YouTube’s free built-in video editing capabilities.
Try to keep your video less than 30 seconds. For more in depth presentations, keep it less than 3 minutes.
Optimizing your Videos
When you upload your video to YouTube, ensure that you use your target keywords in the title and tags. Also put your website address in the description (many people overlook this tip!). This will increase the odds of your video appearing in YouTube or Google search results.
Sharing your Videos
You can also upload your video to Facebook, and post links to your video on other social networks. Remember to promote them on website and email newsletter, too, and encourage your community and network to share your video
Video Marketing Summary
Video marketing is an easy and inexpensive way to connect with your target market, show them who you are and what you can do, and boost your sales. Why put it off? Grab your smart phone, use these tips, and get started TODAY!
Learn more about Internet Marketing Service.
I’d love to hear your questions or challenges – Tell me in the comments below.
And, if you enjoyed this post, please share it!
Laurel Lindsay is a Calgary Internet Marking Consultant & President of The New Media Group Inc. She has over 8 years hands-on Internet Marketing experience.
Laurel is enthusiastic and passionate about helping people live better lives by leveraging the power of the internet.