Video marketing is the most powerful & effective tool for marketing your business.
If you want to improve your visibility, credibility and sales lead generation than you need to start video marketing.
This article will show you, step by step, how to start video marketing without buying a ton of expensive equipment or taking courses on videography.
How to use Google Hangouts on Air as an easy solution to video marketing for business.
What is Google Hangouts on Air?
Part of the functionality offered with a Google + or YouTube account, a Hangout on Air is basically an online video meeting / chat tool.
The difference from other tools, for example Skype, are many. The biggest difference is that you can add up to 8 participants for free, the “events” are broadcast live and can be promoted in advance, and there are all sorts of cool graphics that can be added to user’s profiles to enhance the experience.
In short, Hangouts on Air enable you to start your own media platform from which you can create your own messaging.
What are the benefits to using Hangouts on Air for your Video Marketing?
Hangouts on Air automatically upload and are saved to your YouTube account.
1. Exposure: Provides you with content on the second biggest search engine in the world.
2. Search Marketing: Shows activity on your Google plus account- which factors in heavily to your search engine ranking, or where your business shows up on search results on Google Itself.
3. Content Creation: Gives you neat multimedia content to post to your website or social media.
4. Connect with your audience: You reap the benefits of video marketing by creating a deeper connection with your future customers; video is the next best thing to meeting in person
5. Go Viral: You’re providing easy to digest, shareable content that your future customers are more prone to engage with and share with their networks.
Great, I am sold! How do I get started?
Prepare for your first Google Hangout on Air: Get Your Account Set Up
1. Get a google account if you don’t have one already.
2. Go to YouTube.com and click on your picture, and then Creator Studio
3. Click on Videos on the left hand side, and then Live events.
4. Click on Start a live event- and verify your account if it isn’t already.
5. Click on Broadcast Live and download the Google Hangout Plugin if you haven’t already
6. Invite your interviewee or hangout partner
7. Have fun! Play with the Hangouts Tool Box and other functions on the left side of the dashboard.
Being Interviewed on Video? Here’s what you need to know.
Web Cam: Be sure to be in front of a device with video streaming capability. Laptops, Tablets and Phones typically have built-in webcams. Ideally you would use your Laptop.
Get the Plugin: Download the Google Hangout Plugin here: Get the Google Hangout Plugin – run and instal it on your computer.
Sign up for a gmail address: if you don’t have one already, get one and send this to the person interviewing you.
Lighting & Sound: find a quiet spot that is well lit- but be sure any windows are facing you so we can see your face.
Internet Connection: If possible, connect to the internet with a wired connection and close any running programs besides Google Hangouts
Microphone: Test your built in microphone before your interview. You may need to use a headset (most headphones come with a built in microphone.)
Eye Contact: It feels weird initially, but make sure you’re looking directly into the camera. If you have any notes prepared post them as close to your camera as you can.
Camera positioning: Make sure your entire head is visible and the camera angle is straight on. Lower your chair if need be to avoid the “looking up your nose” angle.
Relax! The audience wants to see the real you. You don’t need to be nervous. Foibles and speech habits are endearing to your viewers, and help them to feel like they know, like and trust you.
Did you find this guide on Video marketing helpful?
Let me know how you did in the comments below, and don’t forget to share this with your network 🙂